Thursday, May 07, 2009

Million Dollar Silence - Stop Dog Barking Starting Today


Prevention is one of the best tools you have in order to stop dog barking. However, that’s easier said than done. If you can begin with your efforts to cut the noise from the moment that you bring your dog home on the very first day, then you’ll help your pooch develop the right habits from the very start.

However, most of us need to stop dog barking in a fully-grown noise machine, so we have our work cut out for us. Perhaps the dog is driving you crazy. Maybe you’ve received complaints from your neighbors. Whatever the reason, it’s got to stop!

I decided to investigate online tips to stop dog barking a little on my own, and I was shocked by what I found. Nothing worked for me. Finally I turned to a well know expert for dog behavior problems at dogproblems.com and I am so glad I did. Before going through their program Secrets of a Professional Dog Trainer my dog was out of control. Along with excessive barking he was dominant, showing aggression and digging in all inappropriate places. All this was gone in a matter of days after I started applying what I learned with Secrets of a Professional Dog Trainer. Check out my review at http://www.squidoo.com/trainadoginstantly and stop dog barking today!

Here is just a tiny bit of what I have learned in Secrets of Professional Dog Trainer
As you train your pooch to stop dog barking, you’ll want to use these great tips to increase your chances of success. Keep in mind that you should never hit your dog as it is cruel and has been proven to be a completely ineffective training technique.

  1. Find out the times when your dog is most likely to bark so that you can identify the root of the problem. Is your dog barking when you’re not home? It might be loneliness. Is your dog barking at the people walking by the house? It may be fear, a breed trait, or boredom.

  2. When you identify the problem, work to remedy it in order to stop dog barking at its source. For example, if your dog is lonely, spend lots of time with him or her when you are home. Don’t make a big deal about leaving or coming home. Leave the radio on so that it’s not completely silent in the house when you’re not there.

  3. Don’t allow the barking. As soon as your dog makes a noise, use a certain command, such as “Quiet”. Say it in a stern, lowered voice. Instead of shouting, think of the way a dog would sound when growling and mimic that tone.

Don’t forget that you must always use positive reinforcements to train your dog to stop dog barking. This way you’ll be encouraging the good behaviors and enjoying sweet silence in no time.

I urge you to check out my review of the best "train a dog" program, if you want to stop dog barking or any other bad dog behavior habit, and train a dog like a pro in just few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment